Wednesday, April 21, 2010


This past week we had the advantage of working from a male model. It was beneficial to see the differences between the male and female form, for instance the male hips appear square and are set perpendicular to the ribcage. In contrast the female hips are tipped slightly forward and appear more rounded. The male also had a pronounced muscular system, which in all honesty was hard for me to depict. Due to the fact that I have been solely drawing the female form in the past few weeks, I had gotten used to seeing a long and lean muscular structure. Viewing the male model I could decipher the fleshiness of the muscles, but when I tried to draw them a bulky quality came across. I need to practice drawing the male form. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and thoughtful differences you noticed! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete