Wednesday, April 21, 2010

3rd Shell Project



This past week our third shell drawing was due (out of class assignment). 

This project was definitely a learning experience for me, having never worked with the medium of ink before, as stated in a past blog. It was beneficial to experiment with its qualities before I began work on the final piece. I found I really enjoyed the uncontrolled aspect of absorption and the different colors that appear by revisiting portions with a wash. There is an element of control but there are little moments throughout the piece that could only occur by chance (as stated earlier) that I am really happy with. I am most happy about the area where the larger lip meets the first spiral. I need to work on the opening of the shell because it comes across as being a little flat due to the heavy outline. In the next piece I will need to be mindful of outlines as well as working from a new perspective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment