Sunday, May 2, 2010



The Human Skull

This past week we focused on the human skull, and 3 drawings will be due this Monday. Each one of the 3 drawings will depict a different perspective, the first one I did in class shows the skull at a ¾ front perspective. We were told to keep in mind that the “face” should only make up 1/3 of the entire skull, which I feel I accomplished. However I did have difficulty with the teeth. I think, because, while I was drawing I wasn’t drawing the skull at actual size, it is about 1/3 larger. I became increasingly confused when I reached the teeth and lower jaw. There are so many plane changes within one tooth and there is a lot more negative space between teeth then I had expected. I think it would be helpful for me to just draw the lower jaw while focusing on the teeth and how they connect to the jawbone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment